UMI logo
Uppsalas museer presenteras av Uppsalamuseernas informationsforening
UMI:s namnlogotype

The Pump House


The Pump House

The Pump House, once Uppsalas waterworks, is now an information and meeting place with educational interactive stations for school students. The museum is sporadically open to the public (see museums own homepage).

Pumphuset was opened in 1875. It was in operation until 1968 and works today as a museum of municipal technology. Pumphuset now has interactive stations that provide a historical and contemporary insight into water supply and waste management.

The Pump House was designed by architect Adrian Crispin Peterson. The technical equipment currently has water turbines, pumps and pressure clocks. Here you can learn more about how Uppsala city has provided its inhabitants with water, sewerage, gas, electricity and district heating from the second half of the 19th century until today.

Opening times

Open to the public only on specific dates.
School classes on appointment
See website

Address

Munkgatan 2

Links

Website
Facebook

Uppsalamuseernas informationsförening
c/o Botaniska Trädgården, Villavägen, Uppsala